PrePay Terms of Service
Members opting into Carroll EMC's PrePay program, in addition to the Cooperative's standard rules and regulations, will be held accountable to the PrePay terms set below:
- Carroll EMC's PrePay metering program is available to all single phase, non-demand residential Members that have 200 AMP service. Demand meters, 50 amp and large commercial accounts are not eligible for PrePay service. Energy assistance is available on PrePay accounts.
- New Members
- New Members opting in to PrePay metering will be required to complete a membership application, if an application is not currently on file. A membership fee of $15.00 and a minimum of $50.00 for daily usage ($65.00 minimum total) is required for initial service.
- Existing Members
- Existing Members opting to convert their account to PrePay will have any existing deposits applied to account balances or to their PrePay account. Members must pay in full all pre-existing fees and unbilled energy or select to participate in the debt management program before an account can be converted from traditional billing to PrePay. The new PrePay account must have a minimum balance of $50.00 for daily usage.
- Debt Recovery
- Existing Members with account balances may be able to use the debt management program. For each payment that is made on the PrePay account, a portion will go towards the outstanding account balance. If debt recovery is utilized, 50% of each payment will be applied to the debt until the balance is eliminated. Debt recovery will not be applied to the initial $50.00 minimum balance.
*A portion of unbilled usage may be added to the debt management account.*
- Payment Distribution Ratio
- Debt Management: 50% / PrePay Balance: 50%
- Payments may be made at Carroll EMC's offices during normal business hours. Payments may be made 24 hours a day via credit card, debit card or check through the automated call system at 770-832-3552 or online at https://billing.cemc.com/oscp/. Cash, credit card, debit card or check payments may also be made 24 hours a day at any of the PaySite™ kiosk locations.
Carroll EMC Offices
- Carrollton - 155 N. Hwy. 113
- Buchanan - 3161 S. Hwy. 27
- Franklin - 106 Davis St. (on town square)
- Villa Rica - 725 W. Bankhead Hwy. (lobby of Bank of the Ozarks)
- Carrollton Carroll EMC Office, 24 Hours
- Buchanan Carroll EMC Office, 24 Hours
- Franklin Carroll EMC Office, 24 Hours
- Quik Thrift, 2476 E. Hwy. 166, Carrollton - Monday - Sunday, 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Quik Thrift Chevron Store, 1217 Rockmart Road, Villa Rica - Monday - Friday, 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Saturday, 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.; Sunday, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Super Foods, 257 Sage Street, Temple - Monday - Sunday, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Bill Viewing and Bill Calculation
- Carroll EMC will provide a service so you can view your daily usage, receive notifications, and make smaller payments as often as you would like or as your budget allows. Click here to visit this Member portal. The PrePay account will be calculated daily with adjustments of all charges and fees deducted from the PrePay credit balance.
- PrePay accounts do not receive paper statements. PrePay accounts are not eligible for e-bills. Daily PrePay account history (usage, charges and payments) will be available by phone or via the Internet at https://billing.cemc.com/oscp/. You are solely responsible for managing and updating the notification settings on your PrePay account(s). Alerts will be sent via the method you select for your account. Failure to maintain your notification settings may result in disconnection without further notice. Notifications may be sent via email, text or IVR call outs.
- Disconnection and Minimum Payments for Reconnection
- A PrePay account will be subject to automated mechanical disconnection any time your account does not have a credit balance. Any returned checks or other fees on the account will be charged to the Member's account immediately. If this causes the credit balance to be exhausted, service will be subject to disconnection. To restore service, you must recharge your account to a minimum of $2.00.