Striving to actively support local students, Carroll EMC is proud to offer these scholarship opportunities.
Walter Harrison Scholarship
The Walter Harrison scholarship is named in honor of a leader in the state and national electric cooperative movements. The Harrison Trust awards 11 $1,000 scholarships statewide to undergraduate students enrolled in or accepted by a Georgia college, university or technical school.
Carroll EMC selects one semifinalist from its service area to compete at the state level. Judges select winners for the Harrison Scholarship each year based on financial need and academic ability.
The scholarship can be used at any accredited two-or four-year university, college or vocational-technical institute in Georgia. Applicants must reside in the household of a Carroll EMC member or employee. Scholarships can be awarded to high school seniors and undergraduate students of any age.
Applications are released in November and are due to Carroll EMC on or before February 1.
Lerlie and Millard Copeland Scholarship
The Lerlie and Millard Copeland Scholarship to attend the University of West Georgia is funded by the family of well-known, longtime Carroll EMC board member Millard Copeland. The $800 memorial scholarship is awarded to a child or legal ward of a Carroll EMC Member or employee.
Selection is based first on financial need. Academic performance and promise are also major determining factors. Preference is given to an entering freshman. The recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at UWG.
Please fill out the general scholarship application on UWG's Financial Aid website.
Contact UWG for application deadlines.
Ask a Question
Contact Taylor Key at 770-830-5736 or email@example.com.
Carroll EMC Lineman School Scholarship
Individuals must meet the following requirements in order to apply:
• High school graduate, GED equivalent or be a graduating senior in good standing
• Should be an CEMC Member, Member's child living in a home served by CEMC, employee, employee's child or grandchild
- Safe driving record
- Must be willing to sign a photo release and a cell phone/text messaging permission
Individuals must apply online before March 1:
- Completed application
- Be available for a personal interview with scholarship selection team
- Scholarship award check will be payable to the chosen lineman school
- Funds should be used for tuition, textbooks and other related fees
- Funds will be available up to 24 months after award date
Deadline for application is March 1.